Indiana Trucking Insurance
There are many considerations when it comes to trucking insurance. Whether you’re operating one delivery truck or own a fleet of flatbed trucks in central Indiana, you owe it to yourself to understand the different components to trucking insurance so you know your business and employees are protected. Truckers count on us for insurance coverage that meets your needs.
With MBAH Insurance and Heiny Insurance, there are no surprises. We help owner-operators and large trucking operations alike understand the many factors that play in to the cost of policy premiums. In order to make the most cost-effective recommendation, we will get to know your business in terms of cargo transported and number of deliveries, as well as other factors, such as types of vehicles, distance traveled, mileage and the driving record of anyone behind the wheel.
Types of Truck Insurance
Not surprisingly, the most significant component of truck insurance is liability. Primary liability has certain required minimums and would cover injuries to the other driver and damage to their vehicle in an accident. General liability covers your truck when you are not on the road but have an accident in a parking lot, rest stop or while loading cargo. It can also protect you in case of vandalism or theft. Also, non-trucking liability protects you from liability while your truck is not under dispatch.
Other insurance to consider includes:
- Cargo insurance and inland marine are vital to protect your cargo while it is being hauled or is in transit, even to a temporary location.
- Trailer interchange is common protection for truckers who trade trailers for transport from one location to another.
- Occupational accident covers you in the event of a work-related illness or accident.
- Pollution liability for truckers is important because many commercial vehicle insurance policies exclude pollution damage. This may create a gap requiring you to acquire additional protection, especially if you transport pollutants and fuel, or equipment containing fuel. A potential spill could lead to expensive clean-up or lawsuits stemming from damage to the environment.
- Umbrella and excess coverage for trailers can add a layer of additional protection over the limits of other truck policies.
Independent Insurance Agents Cover the Details
There are many benefits of working with an independent insurance agency, but first and foremost, you know we have your best interests in mind. We take a consultative approach, which means you get far more than a commercial insurance quote from us.
For example, did you know that combining your truck payment with insurance may seem convenient, but it will likely cost you more over time? Take advantage of the long-term relationships we have established with insurance companies that specialize in covering commercial trucks. It is because we know the best regional and national companies that we can tailor your inland marine insurance to include incidents that may affect your unique cargo, as well as the tools and equipment you are transporting.
Commercial trucking operations have unique insurance needs, and MBAH along with Heiny Insurance are well-equipped to handle them. For example, if you hire a combination of employees and owner-operators for your fleet, your workers compensation insurance issues may vary. We can help.
Contact Us for Trucking Insurance Quote
There’s more to Indiana trucking insurance than the rate you pay, but we’ll be happy to start the conversation there and move on to discussing your business needs and the best policy to meet them. Contact our experienced team of independent insurance agents in Monticello or Lafayette.