Agribusiness and Farm Insurance
When your livelihood depends on the weather forecast and other risks, you need an insurance partner you can count on year in and year out. MBAH Insurance and Heiny Insurance are agencies that Lafayette and Monticello farmers trust and agribusinesses across Indiana do too. We have a long history of providing farm insurance solutions that allow you to focus on the business of putting food on American tables.
Indiana Agribusiness Insurance
Agribusinesses, such as grain elevators and implement dealers, are exposed to different kinds of risk than most businesses, such as income losses due to falling market prices and the seasonality of inventory. Depending on the business, there are potential liability risks from chemical overspray and pollution, among other things. Having one of our agents thoroughly familiar with your business is an effective way to analyze and protect your operation.
The team at MBAH includes an agricultural insurance specialist who has experience dedicated to agribusiness and a personal family farming background as well. Furthermore, our risk management team is uniquely staffed to help you develop a strategy that may include both insurance and relevant safety programs to minimize risks.
There are some standard types of business insurance that agribusinesses may need, of course, such as workers comp, commercial vehicle and property insurance, to name a few. We will collaborate with you to solve all your needs, especially those unique to agribusiness, including:
- Local, state and multi-state exposures
- Livestock confinement and cargo
- Pollution clean-up liability
- Chemical and fertilizer misapplication
- Stockyard and warehouse bonds
Lafayette and Monticello Farm Insurance
The family farm is one thing that truly makes central Indiana great. Since 1873 when we opened for business, we have watched farm operations pass from one generation to the next with a passion for the land and a determination to turn a profit. MBAH Insurance and Heiny Insurance are proud to help farmers with all their insurance needs.
We will consult with you on all aspects of your farm coverage and help you solve the risks that may be within your control. We offer insurance packages for:
- Small farms and rural acreages
- Traditional family farms
- Hunting lease land
- Large commercial operations
We work with multiple insurance companies that specialize in providing farm insurance, making annual reviews of your coverage and premium costs an efficient process. Since your operation is unique, we will tailor your coverage to meet your needs. Let’s talk about the different types of protection you may need, including:
- Liability insurance to cover bodily injury and property damage, including legal defense costs, if necessary.
- Residence and household contents protection to cover your dwelling and personal belongings, including motorized vehicles. This coverage would also provide temporary housing and expenses if you are forced to temporarily relocate after a claim. Learn more about auto and home insurance.
- Buildings and contents such as barns, out-buildings, grain-bins and permanent equipment.
- Farm property, such as livestock and poultry, tractors and machinery, tools, farm products and supplies.
- Hail/crop damage is additional protection to prepare for those risks you cannot control.
- Scheduled property is additional coverage to protect valuables you may choose to insure.
Contact Us for Farm Insurance
Contact our experienced insurance agents for a no-obligation analysis of the insurance coverage that’s right for you. We proudly serve agribusiness and farmers in White County, Delphi, Logansport, Lafayette, Monticello, Rensselaer and throughout central Indiana. You may also wish to talk with an agent dedicated to retirement planning, long-term care and life insurance and benefits.